Monday, January 28, 2013

What Encourages You???


As most of you know, I recently became the manager of my company's Employee Volunteer Program, which is a year-round volunteer program, that empowers our employees to donate their time and skills to make an impact in the communities we serve.  Over the course of a year and a half, I have built the program from the ground up and it is now an official program.  But this is only the beginning.  I am excited for what this program and our employees will do in the coming year.  My hope for this program is to motivate, inspire, and empower employees to make a positive change in their community and/or in the lives of others.  Our employees have so much to offer and the sky is the limit for what we can all do to give back.

I came across this video and within minutes of watching it, I was inspired.  I was inspired by the words this little boy was saying and it made me ask myself, what encourages me?  What encourages me the amazing company I work for and the amazingly-talented employees we have there.  Our employees have big hearts, time, and talents that are going to change the world.  We work to change local commerce, and we live to change the world. 

I am also encouraged by the new people I meet.  I recently met some truly inspiring individuals from The Impact Engine at Demo Day.  (Founders of Azadi and the Founder of Collaborative Group).   These are individuals who are working hard to change the lives of young girls and artisans, and they are just a few people who are changing the world and lives.   I love meeting people that are inspiring, innovative and energized.  I think it is important to expose yourself to people like this, because if we didn't, we would stay static and complacent.  I don't ever want to be complacent or uninspired. 

It's time to DO something.  So my question to you readers.  What encourages you?  What will you create to make the world awesome?  This is our time and we can make everyday better together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment