Monday, January 31, 2011

Weddings On My Mind

Since I started my new job with SweetChic Events, Inc. and having girlfriends becoming engaged, weddings seem to be on my mind a lot.    Of course my boyfriend has been getting a little freaked out because now I have wedding magazines all the time in my apartment, spend free time reading wedding blogs, and frequently talk about our friends who are getting married.   May be I am coming down with wedding fever?     Needless to say, I am giddy about wedding planning and thought I would share some helpful wedding tips.   

#1 Wedding Magazine Pick: The Knot Chicago Magazine

Finding a photographer that meets all of your needs can be stressful.   You want a photographer that is affordable but also meets your taste in style of photographs.   Luckily living in a large city and having great resources can help make your wedding planning process a lot easier.    I have two photographers that I highly recommend from the Chicagoland area and believe in their talent.   They are perfect for Save-the-Date's and for your special day.    I recently met Caitlin, owner of Hazelton Photography, at the first wedding I worked with SweetChic Events, Inc. on January 1st, 2011.    I really enjoyed watching her create beautiful photos and capture those special moments.   She recently was named one of The Knot Best of Weddings 2011 Pick!   I can't wait to see her photos from the wedding we worked together too!

 
Another photographer that I highly recommend is Jordan Quinn Photography.    Jordan is a friend of mine but is also an amazing photographer.    Her style and personality truly make her the photographer she is.    Over the past two years I have watched Jordan grow professionally and seen her in action multiple times capturing those precious moments.    Her love and passion for the art of photography are evident.     Not only is she phenomenal for weddings but she photographs everything.    Check out her blog and website to see firsthand some of her amazing work.

Jordan Quinn

Before you even can start thinking about save the dates, most soon-to-be brides are determined to find a date and their venue.    You can't send a save-the-date until you have information to put on it right?   Right!    A website that I LOVE and find so helpful when trying to plan a Chicago wedding is Chicago Wedding Venues.    This site has it all.    Venues are organized by type and they have a section for vendors by categories.    The photos for each venue are of actual weddings which helps you see the options for a wedding at the venue space.    They provide pricing and contact information for each venue.  

 

To top it off.   If you feel like you need assistance planning your wedding, have questions you need a professional to answer,  a wedding coordinator can be the resource you need.    Charlene Liang, owner of SweetChic Events, Inc. is a woman who knows the in's and out's on making a flawless wedding.    SweetChic Events, Inc. is a boutique event-consulting firm in the Chicago area, specializing in full service wedding planning and month-of coordination.    Not only is she my boss but I have been a fan of hers even before I became her assistant wedding coordinator.    Ask her questions on twitter, request a wedding consultation,  find tips on her blog, or have her help plan your special day.   Anything you need, she is your lady!

Charlene Liang

What is your favorite venue in Chicago for weddings?     Where have you gone to some weddings in Chicago?    Who are some of your favorite wedding photographers?    I would LOVE to hear your thoughts....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment