Friday, November 26, 2010

My Dream Job

Since I can remember I have dreamed of being a wedding planner.  The women directing and prepping the bridal party, the guests and the vendors all the while wearing a headset and carrying a clipboard.  In short, I wanted to be Mary Fiore (played by Jennifer Lopez) in the movie "The Wedding Planner."

A guilty pleasure of mine that many people do not know is that I LOVE to read wedding blogs.  The blogs inspire me and give me ideas for event details.  How can you not be motivated?  One blog in particular that I absolutely love is by Charlene Liang, owner of Sweetchic Events, Inc.


Charlene recently posted a blog post about finding an assistant wedding coordinator.  My girlfriend Betsy who is also an avid reader of her blog, saw the post and suggested I apply.   Charlene invited me to interview for the position and by last Friday, she offered me the job, and I was thrilled!!  I could not be more excited and honored to have this opportunity and cannot wait to get started.

My first wedding that I will be assisting Sweetchic Events with is on New Years Day: 1-1-11.  Such a unique date for someone to get married and I can't wait to be apart of the bride and groom's special day.  Weddings are one of the most memorable days of our lives.  The joining of two families and two lives becoming one in front of loved ones is simply amazing.  Of course the wedding day can be unpredictable with no foreseen occurrences but that is the beauty of event planning.  No matter how organized and prepared you are, you must always be ready for the unexpected and able to resolve a problem.  Event planning to me is the biggest rush and has always been a passion of mine.  Planning a wedding is one of the most stressful events to plan and I am 100% ready for the challenge. 

With January 1st quickly approaching,   I find myself becoming more eager and excited to experience wedding planning first hand.   I know I am going to learn so much from Charlene all the while helping brides have their dreams come true.   Finally my dream is coming true and I am determined to take in every moment of my experiences to come.   Charlene is giving me an amazing opportunity so look out!  This assistant wedding coordinator is ready to get to work!


"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved." ~ George Sands

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a wonderful post! Thanks Jess, look forward to working with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, you're too sweet! We're gonna have so much fun on 1-1-11...and we're both lucky to learn from the BEST! Viva Sweetchic ;)

    ReplyDelete