Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day is the one day Father's, Grandfather's, and Godfather's are celebrated.   Celebrated for being amazing men.    My Father is one of them and who has done so much for me and my family.    He is the symbol of strength, ambition, sincerity, love, and humbleness.    There is no one like him and there never will be.    He is one of a kind.  



Growing up my Dad has been my hero for as long as I can remember.   We were two peas in a pod until my siblings came along.     Even today, my Dad calls me "Dolly Girl" more often than he calls me by my first name.   It is our little special thing and I love it.    Even though I am older, wiser, and an adult now, I am still his little dolly girl in his eyes.     I don't think I will ever be a grown up in my Father's eyes.    I think that is what makes him such an amazing Father.    He loves, cares, and supports me each and every day.    From daily emails with articles I should read, to text messages checking in to say hi, my Father shows his love to me everyday.


Being away from my Dad this Father's Day has been exceptionally hard.    I wish at times I lived closer to home because I miss the small holidays with my family because of the distance between us.    No matter how far the distance, my love for my Daddy grows stronger and stronger each day.    I am so lucky to have him as my Father and to have him to turn to for anything and everything.    He makes me want to be the best I can be and for that I am forever grateful.   Here's to you Dad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment