Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Quarter of a Century- Big 25

A birthday is a day of the particular month and day on which a person was born.   Birthdays are a special day to celebrate someone's life.   This year marked a big birthday for me, an age that some like to refer to as quarter life crisis.   Which by definition according to Urban Dictionary means, the moment you realize you are a quarter of a century old.    I use to think 25 was SOOOO OLD but really it's not.

In the final hour before the strike of midnight on December 25th, I found myself thinking about the past year being 24, and everything I have experienced and done.   Am I really ready to be 25?  Is this next year really going to feel THAT different?    What do I hope to do and achieve in this coming year?  Am I where I thought I was going to be at 25?


For a recap,  since my 24th birthday I have started my blog which has helped me find my "voice" and has become a hobby of mine.   Received a promotion at work.   Found a part-time as a Assistant Wedding Coordinator with SweetChic Events, Inc.   Moved into a new apartment with one of my best friends.  Had a roommate and cousin marry the men of their dreams.   Traveled to Colorado, Austin and Arizona to see friends and family.   Had a cousin give birth to her 1st child and a girlfriend expecting her 1st in March.   Took on leadership roles in two boards that I serve on and have been working on not overbooking myself. 

The list could go on and on with highlights but I have also have had some hardships this year.   Some hardships more difficult than others.   In the end, every experience has helped me grow and build character and molded me into who I am.

25 is not old.   It is a turning point.  I think you really know who you are by this age and you are finally in a good place.   Your young twenties are exciting, nerve racking and can sometimes feel unsettling because you have to figure out who you want to be in the world and what you want to do.   By the time you turn 25 these questions are being answered which makes your later twenties so great.

Now as I stand (all 5 feet, 3 inches) tall, I am prepared and ready for what is to come this year.   I am entering this age with two great jobs, a boyfriend who loves me dearly, friends who enrich my life, and so much more.   I am excited and eager to see what is yet to come in these next 5 years and continuing to live my life each and everyday to the fullest.   Cheers to me for being in the Quarter of the Century club. 

Bday Cupcakes from Countertop Cupcakes

Do you believe in the Quarter Life Crisis?   What do you hope to do when you are 25?   What did you love most when you were 25?   I would love to hear from you.

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment