Friday, March 26, 2010

Something New, Something Blue

Lately my life has been full of B’s. Babies being born, bridesmaid duties, roommate and cousin becoming brides-to-be, and birthdays to celebrate. Some of these B’s are new to me and moments in life I thought would never come. These life events have always seemed distant and untouchable, and yet they are happening around me more and more.

Being asked to be a bridesmaid by my cousin Brynna has not only been an honor but a special opportunity that I will never forget. From bachelorette party weekend in Austin, to wedding day-details, I am enjoying being a bridesmaid every step of the way. Seeing my cousin and roommate with rings on their fingers, makes me smile inside, because I know that the men who have placed those rings on their fingers are going to love them forever and until the end. The sparkle of their engagement rings, represent something new. A whole new life is about to start. Not only will their last names change, but they will be a wife, a sister-in-law, a daughter-in-law, and a new member to their soon-to-be husband’s family. Their marriage marks the start of a forever bond and a life shared with the person they love.

A house in Lakeview is now full of blue because a baby boy has come into the lives of my cousin Lindsay and her husband Eric. Baby Wilson, named after my Papa has brought joy into their lives and to their family. Seeing Lindsay hold Will, after watching her belly grow each month, I had been waiting for the day I would meet the person inside. Now he is here and it is almost surreal to believe Lindsay is now a mother. Lindsay has been waiting to be a mother her whole life and I couldn’t be happier for her. A new chapter of her life has begun. I look forward to watching Will grow and being a part of his life.

Birthdays are the one day a year dedicated to you. We celebrate birthdays to remember the day we came into this world and to celebrate our life, our achievements, and our future. Anniversaries are a way we mark our dedication with the one person we promised until death do us part. When you find that special person who you cannot imagine living without, anniversaries become more meaningful with each passing year.

Seeing my cousins and friends having these life events happening in their lives, makes me realize how much I have to look forward too. So many new and exciting things are happening to them and I am so thankful they allow me to be a part of their lives and their special moments. Life is short and I try to remind myself of that every day. There is always something new and exciting to come, and when my time comes to become engaged, married and start a family, I want the people I love and care about at my side every step of the way.

“Young Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” (The Notebook)

1 comment: