Saturday, April 3, 2010

Faith

By definition, Faith is confidence or trust in a person or thing; faith in another's ability.  Faith also means the belief, trust in and loyalty to God. As I entered into 2010, one of my goals and New Year’s Resolutions was to work on my faith and my relationship with God.  When I first moved to Chicago, I was determined to find a church that would make me feel welcomed, comfortable, and strengthen my faith.  My mission was to find a church I could call my own.

Months would go by and I had not found my perfect church.  I began to get frustrated and almost ready to give up, until my roommate Courtney mentioned Park Church- the church she and other people I know attend. She recommended that I attend a few services.  Thankfully my dear friend Patti was seeking her faith and a church as well and quickly she became my church buddy.  After my first few services at Park, I knew I was hooked.

Since January, my faith has become an important part of my life.  During my moments of weakness, my faith has been the shoulder I lean on and my confidant.  At times I struggle in finding reassurance, explanations and reasoning’s for why things happen. In my ideal world, I wish I could control situations, obtain powers that are unobtainable, and find answers to unsolvable questions.  These wants are unrealistic and no matter how much I wish for these things, I know they will never happen.  However, as I attend church and hear the sermons, I have begun to realize that I need to trust God and let him lead the way.  I can only control so much in my life and I have to leave the rest in the hands of God, placing my trust in him.

If I could control and decide every aspect of my life, would that make me happier?  If I knew what was in store for me, would I be as ambitious and motivated as I am now?  No I wouldn't because my life would be predictable and pre-planned, rather than a mysterious journey.  Life would never have surprises or hardships if we were the directors of our own lives.  Instead, we are the leading star of our own life and everyone else around us is our co-stars, accompanying us in writing our life story.

Every year we have a day dedicated to us being reborn and renewed, and that special day is Easter.  Before Easter Sunday, I take time to reflect, remember and celebrate Jesus's life.  I reflect on the sacrifice he made; remember the price that was paid for my sins; and celebrate the victory and new life I have through His resurrection.  This year, Easter has taken a whole new meaning to me and has changed my life. We only get one life to live, so why not live it up?

So now, I am living each day to the fullest and taking my faith with me along the way.  I will be prepared for what is to come. Even when times are down, and I start to lose sight, I will turn to my faith.  Because I know someone is always looking out for me and guiding me.  I will be the leading lady of my own life and continue to enrich my life more with my faith and the people I surround myself with.  I know there will be hard times ahead and I will be ready to stand strong.  I've gotta have faith and never forget that God is at my side every step of the way.

“'Cause I gotta have faith...”- George Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment