Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's In Your Bag?

One of my favorite pages in my super gossipy magazines is the page where they ask a celebrity to dump out their bag and show us what's inside.   UsWeekly  just featured Kate Walsh and asked her to pour out her purse.   Of course she had some typical items, gum, ipod, lip gloss, but she had some other really different items, for example underwear.  I loved how real she is and proud to admit she carries a thong with her.

Kate Walsh's purse, UsWeekly Magazine

Sometimes I wonder if the celebrities are told in advance when US is going to stop them so they can be prepared?   If I knew a magazine was going to publish what was in my purse and I knew what day I was going to be featured, I don't know if I would do anything differently.   I would probably make sure I didn't have trash in my bags (receipts, gum wrappers, that sort of stuff) but that would be it.    Would you change anything?   

In spite of this fun magazine piece,  I am going to share what I typically carry in my purse.   For those of you who know me, I am almost  ALWAYS carrying two bags with me, especially during the work week.   One bag being my purse and the other being my gym bag or "everything else" bag.

So here I go, as if I was stopped on my way out the door of my apartment, this is what I carry in my bags.  

My Workout Bag

1.   Saucony Women's Progrid Triumph 7 Running Shoes
2.   Long Champ Black Tote
3.   Lady Speed Stick deodorant  (Amazing deodorant)
4.   Nike workout tank top- they are AMAZING.  I highly recommend the razor back tanks.
5.   Nike capri workout pants- comfortable, breathable & slimming.  I practically live in them.
6.   Scunci head bands  and hair ties (favorite everyday head bands)
7.   JVC Gumy earbud headphones (these are really comfortable & come in a variety of bright colors)
8.   Apple itouch (not in picture)


My Purse

1.    Blackberry (aka my life)
2.    Post-it notepad & ball-point pen (you never know when you need to write something down)
4.    Kate Spade black wallet
5     Michael Kors brown tote
6.    Orbit gum- peppermint (this is my favorite brand of gum)
7.    Blistex Silk & Shine (keeps my lips hydrated but also adds a little shimmer- smells delicious too)
8.    Victoria's Secret, Beauty Rush Lip Gloss (perfect for giving your lips a hint of glitter & shine- love them!)
9.    MAC lip gloss (mine is from this year's holiday gift pack- great present for your girlfriends)
10.  Vera Bradley Zip ID Case-  I carry my CTA card, gym lock key & office building ID in it. 
11.   Damask folder  (I carry my work, articles to read, board information, etc.) 
12.   Mini hair brush- a MUST have.
13.   Business cards (good to have when networking or need to exchange information)
14.   Gloves- I carry a pair with me at all times because my hands get cold really easily. 
15.   Ralph Lauren Make-up Travel Bag (I carry all of my make-up in it. You never know when you may need to touch up or need to put make-up on while on-the-go to save getting ready time).

If I was to stop you as you were out and about what would I find in your bag?    What are some of your MUST HAVE WITH ME items?     Do you use any of the items I use?     Any suggestions on items you recommend I start carrying with me?


“She had the loaded handbag of someone who camps out and seldom goes home, or who imagines life must be full of emergencies.”Mavis Gallant

A woman's mind is as complex as the contents of her handbag; even when you get to the bottom of it, there is ALWAYS something at the bottom to surprise you!  ~ Billy Connelly


2 comments:

  1. I usually have my gym bag and a purse too, our purses are super similar--they can be friends. Here's mine:

    1. iPhone
    2. Wallet & keys
    3. Sharpie & notepad
    4. Makeup bag (w/ hand lotion, hairspray, comb, all my usual makeup, bobby-pins, & hairties
    5. Blistex Silk & Shine (SO GOOD) & Blistex Lip Infusion
    6. Band-aids (I get a lot of papercuts)
    7. Orbit white Bubblemint gum (obsession)
    8. USB drive
    9. Sunglasses (I'm a badass)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do these kinds of posts all the time! I love them! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete