Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Knot

On December 23rd, 2010 one of my best friends was claimed.   Claimed by her boyfriend of 16 months and now soon-to-be husband in 2012.   Her fiancé proposed while on their Caribbean cruise with a ring that is absolutely perfect for her.   Elegant, classy, beautiful, radiant, and perfect.   I was floored when I received the news from her and immediately became overjoyed.   I could not be happier for them and to be alongside Katlin as she plans one of the happiest days of her life.


Since I LOVE to plan events, especially weddings, I wanted to give Katlin an engagement present that would help her plan her dream wedding.    The Knot, is your complete guide to wedding planning, wedding ideas, wedding dresses, wedding engagement and so much more.    It is the mecca for brides and wedding planners and what better engagement gift than The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner book by Carley Roney.    The book has everything: from wedding checklists, questions to ask vendors, how to create your wedding vision and so much more.   It truly is the perfect engagement gift for any future bride.



So who created The Knot?   Carley Roney has built the wedding planning industry to what it is today, making The Knot the #1 brand in weddings.    The site offers stylish ideas, up-to-date advice, and much-needed relief to today's brides and grooms.  To date, the company has helped millions of US couples with the numerous facets of wedding planning.   She is a woman who truly inspires me to follow my interest in wedding planning and to continue to explore this passion of mine.   

Editor in Chief, The Knot- Carley Roney

If you have never seen The Knot I highly recommend checking out the website.    I absolutely love the site and cannot get enough of it!   Whether you are recently engaged, been engaged for a while, or starting to think about marriage, this site has answers to everything and I mean EVERYTHING.   If you are married and going through The Nest phase, Carley has created both The Nest, for newlyweds and The Bump for first time parents.

For all of you big city gals.   The Knot has magazines for most major cities, Chicago being one of them.   My goal is to start reading the magazine monthly to help me be more on top of the wedding planning industry,  new trends and looks, and tips.   


As Katlin begins her journey planning her special day, I am looking forward to seeing her plans unveil.   Planning your wedding is suppose to be one of the most exciting and unforgettable times of your life and I cannot wait to be apart of her day.   I hope to learn as much as I can with every wedding I assist with Sweetchic Events, Inc. so that I learn all the "in's" and "out's" of wedding planning so that when my time comes I will have this down to a science.   Until then I am going to live vicariously through Katlin and the brides I assist to help so that they have their fairy tale wedding that every woman deserves.

What is your favorite part about weddings?   Are you a fan of The Knot?   What wedding resources do you like or use?   I would love tips and advise!


“Brides are continually looking for ways to make every aspect of their wedding day a true reflection of their personality. As color is becoming an increasingly popular addition to the wedding dress, brides are finding it an easy way to further express themselves and make their wedding dress unique. We know that the trend is real, as we've observed it at several celebrity weddings.” -  Carley Roney

“Money is the biggest issue on The Knot. With the average wedding costing $19,000, people are asking how they can do it for $3,000.”   ~ Carley Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment