Monday, March 5, 2012

Book #1 for Lent- Blink

With Lent in full force, I have started reading my first of two books that I must finish before Lent is over.  So to kick off my reading I chose Blink because it has been a book that I have been planning on reading for over a year


Blink was written by Malcolm Gladwell and I am already enjoying this book.   It's a book about rapid cognition, about the kind of sub-conscious thinking that happens (literally) in a blink of an eye.   The decision/impression we make when you meet someone for the first time, or walk into a house you are thinking of buying/renting, or read the first few sentences of a book, your mind takes about two seconds to jump to a series of conclusions.


After reading a few chapters in this book, I am amazed that we think without thinking, about choices that seem to be made in an instant and don't necessarily mean they are simple decisions.   I can't wait to see how differently I will look at the world I live in once I am finish reading this book.  

Have you ever read blink?   If so what did you think about it?  What did you like about it or agree with Malcolm on?



No comments:

Post a Comment