Sunday, October 2, 2011

Making History- Bueller? Bueller?

Last night I became a part of history.    My participation in a event will go into the Guinness Book of World Records.  



Groupon Presents: Ferris Bueller at Wrigley Field.   The movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" was released on June 11, 1986 and this year marks it's 25th anniversary.   


According to the Associated Press, via NBCSports, around 10,000 Chicagoans showed up to a screening of “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” Saturday night at Wrigley Field.    History was broken last night when all guests (including myself and my man) at Wrigley Field when we all sang the film's memorable anthem, "Danke Scheon."   Danke Schoen was first recorded by..... anyone? anyone?   Bert Kaempfert but became famous when Wayne Newton recorded his version. 

You know the song right?  How can you not?  This might help you remember.



I have always wanted to be a part of a Guinness Book of World Records.    Throughout my life I would hear about people breaking world records, like longest tongue (female), longest breath held voluntarily by a woman, most Big Macs consumed by one person, etc.   Now I can say I am.

Aside from breaking a world record last night,  the Wrigley Field movie screening was the kickoff of a larger event series by Groupon, called "Groupon Presents."   "Groupon Presents" which entails showcasing the coolest stuff in local culture and entertainment.   From concerts with up-and-coming bands to fashion shows by emerging designers, "Groupon Presents" gives subscribers exclusive access to new talent and treasured hometown gems in unforgettable ways.  

These experiences can pop up anytime, which will keep subscriber's on their toes so they can be ready  to jump on unbelievable opportunities when they least expect them.  Much like the exposure Groupon provides local merchants, the "Groupon Presents" event series provides artists with a platform to garner valuable attention and gives audiences a new avenue to support rising talent in their city.   The Wrigley Field event is only the beginning, and I cannot wait to see what is next. 

Last night's event was the unveiling of this new and fun concept.  Seeing people wearing Groupon sweatbands, shirts, green glow sticks with Groupon's logo on it- I couldn't help but feel pride.   Even four months after joining the Groupon family, I still find myself taken aback that I work for such an innovative, fun, creative, and driven corporation.    Every day I learn something new, get to work with individuals who are doing some incredible things at their organizations, and I help give Groupon subscriber's the chance to connect to their city in a philanthropic way.


Groupon is breaking records.  Groupon is creating new ways to make exploring your city or any city that much more enjoyable.  Groupon is giving businesses the chance to constantly engage and create relationships with their consumers.  "Groupon Presents" is just one more way we are creating unforgettable experiences.   Even though I am apart of the Groupon family, I attended last night's event as a fan of the movie and a excited Chicagoan to be able to participate in such a historical/unique event.

Like the quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, life goes by fast, too fast, and it is important to enjoy and try new experiences.   That is what I love about Groupon and why others do too.   They allow people like myself the chance to explore, try, and experience things.   I know people will be talking about last night's event for a long time, and I can say I was THERE. 

Are you in a Guinness Book of World Records?  Would you ever want to be apart of history?  What do you think about Groupon Presents? 

"Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop to look around once in a while you could miss it."  ~ Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

No comments:

Post a Comment