Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day- A Day Celebrating Mom's

Today is a day we celebrate all Mothers, Grandmothers and Godmother's around the world.   It is a day for us to give thanks to the woman who brought us into this world and helped us grow into the people we are today.    It is days like these that I am truly reminded of how lucky and blessed I am.    My mom is one of the most important people in my life and I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for her.

Being a mother is one of the hardest and most rewarding roles in life.   You get to be a teacher, a counselor, an enforcer, a cheerleader, a lawyer, a doctor/nurse, a therapist, a superhero, Santa Clause, the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, a shoulder to cry on, and a friend to tell your secrets and life dreams too.    These are only a few roles a mother plays throughout motherhood.   


My mother is all of these and so much more.  She is a woman of strength, heart, love, kindness, ambition, generosity, and sincerity.    My mother is my best friend and even when we have our moments of disagreement,  I am thankful for her each and every day.   She is my role model and inspiration and I am forever grateful to have her in my life.  

My Mom, Me and My Sister

I hope when my day comes and I am blessed to become a mom, I hope that I will be half the mother she has been for me.   Motherhood is an amazing thing and I will continue to take in every phone call, email, text, card, laugh, cry, hug, kiss, and moment that I share with my mother.   Life is short and it is important that we cherish and take in every moment we have with our loved ones, especially our parents who gave us our life.


A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment